2022 Kevin Woyjeck Fishing Derby Update
On Friday Sept 2, check-in will start at 5:30AM at the Boathouse restaurant located at 190 Marina Drive, Long Beach, CA.
The boats leave the dock at 6:30AM with or without you. The boats will return before 4:00PM. Awards mixer starts promptly upon the return of the boats at the new outdoor tent at the Boathouse.
PLEASE park in the spaces assigned to us. We will show you where to park upon arrival.
What to bring
- Sunglasses (often forgotten because we leave in the dark in the morning)
- Seasick pills (I like Dramamine “less drowsy”, over the counter at CVS, etc…)
- Fishing license (a one day license can be purchased online at wildlife.ca.gov). Make sure you get the license for Sept 2nd not the day you buy it.
- Extra cash for food/drink and hopefully fish cleaning
- Rods, gear (rods/hooks and slide sinkers will be available if needed)
Ice will be provided at the dock.
We will provide coffee and donuts in the morning and event shirts will be distributed before we depart. A lunch ticket will be provided good for one burger, chips and a soda.
Afterparty with no host bar and appetizers upon return to the dock. We will handle the tip for the deck hands. Please tip the galley as appropriate. If you have questions, call or text (preferred) Joe at 562-547-8919.